Listed Building Restoration & Repair
For Grade I, II and II* listed buildings including exterior repairs and interior restoration, modern plumbings and electrics. We work closely with the Architect and listed building officers in Cornwall to achieve the defined build quality.
What is a Listed Building?
An old building that dates back to back to before the mid 1800's and more modern buildings with architectural importance are normally classed as a listed buildings by The National Heritage for England. The majority of listed buildings in Cornwall are Grade II and this protection helps to preserve the building as you require listed building consent to make internal and external alterations. We are listed building contractors and have extensive restoration skills required including cornicing, lime plastering, stone masonry and carpentry.
Lime plaster has been used on buildings for hundreds of years. Lime has a porosity that allows the structure to breathe and reduce moisture build up.
Lead is rust free, flexible and waterproof so it is perfect for roofs. We are lead roofing experts for Grade II Listed Buildings in and around Liskeard, Cornwall.
We can create and repair cornices using moldings or traditional methods. We can replace intricate moldings and repair water damaged cornices and ceiling roses.
All Building Services
Penquite construction does barn conversions
Why choose us?
- Whichever building service you choose from Penquite Construction, please be assured that we are fully trained builders and we respect the environment we work within.
- All domestic building work is undertaken, no job is too big or small.
- We offer Free Quotes and advice to all our customers.
- We have builders public liability insurance of £5,000,000, ensuring our customers peace of mind when using our services.
- All our building work is fully guaranteed.
- We are all fully qualified builders, and only employ qualified staff.