We are barn conversion specialists and can renovate barns or out-building and turn them into your dream home, holiday rental, office accommodation or a rural business opportunity. We are experienced craftsmen who work with traditional materials and methods, so your barn conversion will be in safe hands.
What is a Barn Conversion?
A barn conversion is a disused farm building that is both renovated and converted it into a liveable space for residential or commercial use. With the decline of farming in the Cornwall area they became a viable alternative to other types of housing. With their traditional brickwork exterior and exposed beamed interiors they look great and are set in stunning rural "green belt" locations. Barn planning permission is normally required as external barn features are expected to be renovated and retained but we can help with all that so give us a call and we could make your barn conversion dreams come true.
Lime pointing is a traditional skill required to maintain and repair mass-masonry walls where moisture entering the walls structure cannot dissipate.
Slate roofs require maintenance and repair using traditional methods and materials. We can also fit new slate roofs on pitched roof frames.
Tanking walls will prevent damp problems by forming a waterproof barrier using tanking slurry applied directly to the walls.
Stone Masonry skills are important to Penquite. We have a team of skillful and experienced stone masons ready for your next project.
All Building Services
Penquite construction does barn conversions
Why choose us?
- Whichever building service you choose from Penquite Construction, please be assured that we are fully trained builders and we respect the environment we work within.
- All domestic building work is undertaken, no job is too big or small.
- We offer Free Quotes and advice to all our customers.
- We have builders public liability insurance of £5,000,000, ensuring our customers peace of mind when using our services.
- All our building work is fully guaranteed.
- We are all fully qualified builders, and only employ qualified staff.